Kindred
單身公害

Deleted: 0
Rate: +
Points ($): 1108

Mood: Traurigkeit und sorge..

[*] posted on 4-26-2006 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
ASUS-Lamborghini VX1 Notebook

The Asus-Lamno Laptop made it's debute during Jan. in Taiwan; the specs were't disclosed, only the colousr were, which would come in black or yellow, but the system was suposed to be very compatible with vista.

Marked for shipping at the end of April, this baby will probably cost you around 4,000 USD, if you don't upgrade the 1gb standard ram. The hinted prices were way over shot, but their making the pricing competable with alien-ware computers....

The deal was primairly driven by intel to have asus and lambo collaborate and design something that will compete with the Acer-Ferrari with AMD processor series. The battle of the rivals is hard to judge as the ferrari came out a year ago, but the pricing for the ferrari series is about 1,800 now.

The ASUS-Lamborghini VX1 features a 15 VX1 with Color Shine glare type high-resolution LCD screen that enhances the multimedia experience via the unique and innovative ASUS Splendid Video Intelligence Technology. Some other features found on the notebook include; Built-in WLAN 802.11 a/b/g, Bluetooth 2.0, NVIDIA GeForce 7400/ 512MB Turbocache and runs on the Windows XP Professional OS.

Specifications
Platform: Intel Centrino Duo
CPU: Intel Core Duo Processor T2500
Chipset: Intel 945PM
WLAN: Intel 3945ABG
LCD Screen: Colour Shine Glare Type 15" SXGA + (1400 x 1050)
Graphics: nVIDIA GeForce 7400/ 512MB Turbocache
HDD: 120GB
ODD: DVD 9.5" Super-Multi Double Layer
RAM: 1GB DDRII 667 MHz

The specs isn't all that good compaired to the 4,000 it wants me to dish out... In comparason, the Acer Travel Mate8240 offers a better deal at around 2,000, but having relatively the same specs, and it also includes 2gb of ram. Although hosting an inferior gfx card.... The Asus-Lambo is suposed to be lighter than most 14" lap tops, as well as utilizing 8 CPU speed to meet the demands of the current situation to save power, it doesn't exactly justify the pricing, other than having the lambo logo...

Attachment:
Filename: 002__scaled_600_002.jpg - Filesize: 33.12kb

Attachment:
Filename: asus_lamborghini.jpg - Filesize: 30.79kb

Attachment:
Filename: asus_vx1.jpg - Filesize: 32.77kb

Lascivite de sang....
La oscuridad se ha levantado otra vez!!!

=Le Vapir=The Kindred=
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Kindred's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger Kindred's Yahoo Send Points ($)
teneituo

Points ($): 74

[*] posted on 4-26-2006 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote

you aren't paying for the specs, you pay for the lambhorghini logo and bragging rights to your friends.

the specs aren't too bad, the 667 mhz ram is considered pretty fast.

the yellow is snaaazzyy
azndrag0n

Points ($): 5131

[*] posted on 4-26-2006 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote

wow something to compete with the Acer ferrari series
but the prices for Acers aren't even near 4k
the specs are great for gaming.... but for that price... getting an Alienware would be much better
ashng88
Posting Freak

Deleted: 4
Points ($): 12622

Mood: hate university...

[*] posted on 4-26-2006 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote

wow.. lambo laptops eh? i bet all other car brands are gonna start making laptops...

first one i saw was the ferrari one
fobjoe
resident gun enthusiast

Points ($): 4066

[*] posted on 4-26-2006 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote

I cannot believe how much of a ripoff this is. This is even more expensive than the Acer Ferrari notebook. I can't stand people who buy computers just for the way it looks, like people who buy Mac's. The geforce 7400 it comes with isn't even really 512 MB. It's dedicated 128 and borrows up to 384 MB from the RAM. What that shared memory does, I have no idea. Basically, when it comes to gaming on this card I can't even play battlefield 2 on medium settings or Call of Duty 2 on directX 9.0 settings without severe lag. If you're gonna pay $4000 for this, just get a Voodoo where the money you are wasting is going towards specifications that will be standard in one year.
Kindred
單身公害

[*] posted on 4-26-2006 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by ashng88
wow.. lambo laptops eh? i bet all other car brands are gonna start making laptops...

first one i saw was the ferrari one

There's a Hummer Laptop out there.....

Other car companies will probably catch on to the trend and have laptops developed under their name..... Great.......... :nono:

Quote:
Originally posted by fobjoe
I cannot believe how much of a ripoff this is. This is even more expensive than the Acer Ferrari notebook. I can't stand people who buy computers just for the way it looks, like people who buy Mac's. The geforce 7400 it comes with isn't even really 512 MB. It's dedicated 128 and borrows up to 384 MB from the RAM. What that shared memory does, I have no idea. Basically, when it comes to gaming on this card I can't even play battlefield 2 on medium settings or Call of Duty 2 on directX 9.0 settings without severe lag. If you're gonna pay $4000 for this, just get a Voodoo where the money you are wasting is going towards specifications that will be standard in one year.

It's 258 mb actually, the gfx card. And it's the trend, alot of people just buy things to show off, that's the whole point of brand names you know :P

Lascivite de sang....

=Le Vapir=The Kindred=
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Kindred's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger Kindred's Yahoo Send Points ($)
xelmo
Banned

Points ($): 3336

Mood: sad :*(

[*] posted on 4-26-2006 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote

um not exactly. there are reasons. acer does over charge. but dont get that shitty ass lap top. acer has another laptop thats just released for $2500, about that. its the only laptop right now which features mobile duals at 2ghz, with a 7200rpm hdd, 1gig or 2 gigs of ram (i forgot), and a mobile graphics card, of hte highest grade i forgot that too, but its really amazing and worth the money. and people think ohh dell is so cheap for good stuff. they're wrong. their computers suck, they use the shittiest quality products surprisingly, they're the walmart of computers. however there are companies like acer who use teh best quality stuff. stuff that doesn't actually break and suck. and yeah, the guys right, u can actuallly buy better laptops. there are small companies out there that let you customize ur laptops or what not, but be careful cuz their customer service is like shit, so most of hte time, only people who know their computer a fair bit should buy soemthing like that.

and btw, macs are good machines, really reliable, they rarely break down and they mac OS itself is alot more stable and less of a memory hog than freakin windows xp. and its a amazing media machine, besides the fact its really pretty :P macs are good. espeically their new ones with the intel processor :) awesome, u can have mac and windows xp on it.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member xelmo's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Send Points ($)
IllusionX
Yaris Owner

Points ($): 11715

Mood: $_$

[*] posted on 4-26-2006 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote

i guess nobody would want a volkswagen laptop for reability reasons eh? :P

and a lada laptop would be dirt cheap....

haha that doesn't make sense anymore! btw, if you want a sturdy and light laptop... panasonic thoughbook owns it all.

Toyota Yaris Sedan w/ Aero Package
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member IllusionX's Aim IllusionX's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger IllusionX's Yahoo Send Points ($)
mtledmund

Deleted: 2
Points ($): 670

Mood: Happy happy~ :D

[*] posted on 4-26-2006 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote

Do they come with that Lambo green? That'll be AWESOME!!! Look at it, it's so streamlined!! :P vroom vrooom
dragon208

Deleted: 4
Points ($): 1737

Mood: tired~~~

[*] posted on 4-26-2006 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote

haha.. now u can brag to ur friends that u own a "LAMBO" lol..
but I wonder who else is next? Rolls Royce? lol.. I dun't really get why these car companies are tryin to get their foot into the computer industry? lol..

Like who will pay thousands of dollars to just own a "FERRARI" laptop.. it's not like it'll handle and perform like a Ferrari! lol..

However the quality of it, looks pretty good on the laptop!
azncow
weee.. milk!!!

Deleted: 5
Points ($): 500

Mood: yay~ #2 Premium Member!!!!

[*] posted on 4-26-2006 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by dragon208
haha.. now u can brag to ur friends that u own a "LAMBO" lol..
but I wonder who else is next? Rolls Royce? lol.. I dun't really get why these car companies are tryin to get their foot into the computer industry? lol..

Like who will pay thousands of dollars to just own a "FERRARI" laptop.. it's not like it'll handle and perform like a Ferrari! lol..

However the quality of it, looks pretty good on the laptop!

hell you jokein.. it reboots 0 to 60 in like 2 secs... and it break ( shuts down ) in like .02 sec man.. hahahha dont they make ferrari laptop tho? cause i know for sure they make hummer laptop cause i seen it and it's sick!!!!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Send Points ($)
sailojai

Points ($): 24

[*] posted on 4-26-2006 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote

the ferrari lap top looks way better... well atleast in my opinion
landrover
Posting Freak

Deleted: 14
Points ($): 1384

Mood: Donations are welcome!

[*] posted on 4-26-2006 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote

If you dont' mind I would like to post my ferrari laptop .. I still think my laptop is better.. just my opinion . still enjoy

Attachment:
Filename: DSC04529.JPG - Filesize: 623.1kb

Attachment:
Filename: DSC04530.JPG - Filesize: 510.87kb

Attachment:
Filename: DSC04531.JPG - Filesize: 538.71kb

Attachment:
Filename: DSC04534.JPG - Filesize: 522kb
Davey
N00b

Points ($): 40

[*] posted on 4-27-2006 at 02:39 AM Reply With Quote

wow!! i like the ferrari laptop better. Looks nice, i espicially like the mouse! How much did this settle you for?
borimor
Banned User

Points ($): 1936

Mood: I feel fat & sassy.

[*] posted on 4-27-2006 at 03:25 AM Reply With Quote

I don't see what's so special about these laptops. I guess you like it for its appeal. Are there any specific or special functions which they may entail?
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Send Points ($)
landrover
Posting Freak

Deleted: 14
Points ($): 1384

Mood: Donations are welcome!

[*] posted on 4-27-2006 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote

--Davey--

I got this laptop for $2000 Cdn but there is a better model for $3000 CDn, with a 1gb ram and 100gb memory plus a lil faster processor ....but still I find the $2000 one much better cause it's not that much of a difference (512mb ram, n 80gb)
as for

--borimor --
wat special spec does it have?
well
1) bluetooth wireless ferrari mouse
2) built-in wireless connection
3) ferrari :D
4) nice graphic car - ATi 128mb radeon
5) Amd Turion64 processor
6)crystal bright screen. it's nice trust... good for wcIII
exo168
Supreme Member

Points ($): 7

Mood: meh

[*] posted on 4-27-2006 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by landrover
If you dont' mind I would like to post my ferrari laptop .. I still think my laptop is better.. just my opinion . still enjoy

yeah, i have to admit red and black is much better

lol, when u get such an awesome laptop u have to match it with the same mouse
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member Send Points ($)
tatming

Points ($): 1866

[*] posted on 4-28-2006 at 12:45 AM Reply With Quote

i really do not understand people who buy these things, total waste of money.

i had a friend who made his own Honda laptop, rebadged it with a Honda "H" logo on the cover, Honda letters, and also a DOHC VTEC badge from his GSR. now thats original haha.
Kindred
單身公害

[*] posted on 4-30-2006 at 02:19 AM Reply With Quote

People buy this because they like how it looks, to prove they have money to burn, and also, because they like it!

I personally would buy it, if it was around 2.5k, instead of 4k... It doesn't have enough hardware to back up the price imo....

I don't like the ferrari as much because it's Acer? Not sure, something just throws me off, and the fact that it's 1yr old and doesn't have a duo core processor perhaps, but it's still a pretty decent computer.

I like the black mirror finishing of the VX1, although just like the pianoes, fingerprints tend to stick... It's pretty light and sports a decent v card, but yeah, the price.... Asus does have better computers than acer, in terms of quality, but Acer has them beat in terms of price and quality ratio....

It's the end of April, so these babies should be on their way, although I am going to wait and see if theres any problems and see if they hurry their nerdy ass up and step up the hard ware with relatively little rise in pricing. Or the bitter feud between AMD+Acer v.s. Intel+Asus result in a new super laptop to combat the competition.

One last note tho, enough with the why would people buy it and ferrari is better comments, if you must say it, add something more, better laptops? reasons might be good, other than it sucks or it rocks...

Lascivite de sang....

=Le Vapir=The Kindred=
Digg! Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top