lovely~

Deleted: 18
Rate: +
Points ($): 5234

[*] posted on 2-3-2007 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote

i drink fuckin detox juice everyday it kills lol
but u'll notice u get used to the taste after a while
it keeps heart rates down too

"The very first law in advertising is to avoid the concrete promise and cultivate the delightfully vague. " - bill cosby

awesome new forum for GTA members with better design :O
www.on9.ca
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger Send Points ($)
claudewolfe

Deleted: 0
Points ($): 2855

[*] posted on 2-8-2007 at 05:31 AM Reply With Quote

As someone already pointed out, the stuff in those previous articles is just plain horrible.

No one needs to be taking any type of "cleansing" drink.
No one needs to be drinking a bazillion cups of vegetable juice or avoiding milk.
Contrary to popular belief, the body doesn't retain shit forever. It all comes out, it's just a matter of time. Speeding it up with stimulants, laxatives, and bulk-forming compounds isn't really necessary.

Just for kicks, I forwarded Normandy's posts to four of my former friends and roommates from college and high school who are now licensed, practicing physicians (a neurosurgeon, a cardiologist, a pediatrician, and an internal medicine doctor).

• One guy felt it was necessary to call me at 6a.m. in the morning when he was post-call to tell me how bad this information is.
  • I got one e-mail with something to the effect of "What horror is this? Whoever wrote this information should be stripped of all licensing"
  • The internist was a bit more forgiving but said that it just screamed of "potion, lotion, and some wicked witch brew."
  • The neurosurgeon told me that this information sounded like it came from an FMG (Foreign Med. Grad) from an unaccredited school in a third world country.

I actually wasn't expecting to get any type of response at all, and was really surprised at the unanimous and strong reaction I got, especially the 6a.m. phone call.

Also, someone also mentioned to me that it was very irresponsible of me to mention the whole thing with doctors using Miralax and Gatorade as a laxative, since someone might actually try it. He told me that Miralax should not be used as a laxative "except under controlled conditions under the supervision of a licensed physician."

Thanks.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/418010106.png
taiwanesegurl
Harry Potter - Triwizard Tournament Champion

Points ($): 2107

Mood: MENTOS! THE FRESH MAKER!

[*] posted on 2-8-2007 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote

your friends are funny..

but doctors hate the medical myths that goes on the internet.. at my old work, the doctor told this lady what she had, gave her some medication and sent her home.. she called about an hour later after googling whatever she was diagnosed with.. the doctor was like.. oh great..

taiwanesegurl
Harry Potter - Triwizard Tournament Champion

Points ($): 2107

Mood: MENTOS! THE FRESH MAKER!

[*] posted on 2-9-2007 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote

oh yea..

CRANBERRY JUICE!!!

it's yummy, full of anti-oxidants, and it helps flush e. coli biofilm out of ur body!!

FroggyStyle

Points ($): 2783

Mood: .

[*] posted on 2-12-2007 at 12:58 AM Reply With Quote

^
its like exagerating every nutrient that a banana has
c4_munke3
<3 Babybel

Deleted: 3
Points ($): 210

Mood: motivated..

[*] posted on 3-14-2007 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote

lol normandy would be the only one posting in this section. =/

http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/8/5/14/f_dizonbanm_f066462.jpg

[x] +Rep meeeeee :D

[x] Originally posted by alanloer
^ lol, normandy will use his sexy forwarded email story and urban legend to rape sora aoi's mind
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger Send Points ($)
QingTian

Deleted: 8
Points ($): 1425

[*] posted on 2-16-2008 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by claudewolfe
Those "detox" colon irrigation clinics are really not good for you. You need crap in your intestines because the bacteria and enzymes in there help to digest food. Ever notice how you get diarrhea when you take antibiotics? That's because a lot of older antibiotics are not specific enough to target only the offending bacteria and end up killing off bacteria needed for digestion. Something similar would happen after colonic irrigation.

Are you not the same guy who admitted to giving out workout advice despite being 300 lbs? :scratch: ...jk jk.

While it is true a colon cleanse would wipe out your probiotics, you wouldn't do this unless your system was already messed up, which is probably the case for many Americans. In any case, a proper cleanse would be followed by re-culturing.
Gekkeijyu
Fastest Man Alive!

Deleted: 7
Points ($): 6990

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 4-25-2008 at 01:17 AM Reply With Quote

that'll teach women to cross their legs
normandy1942
Posting Freak

Deleted: 29
Points ($): 4466

Mood: 3 years on outie

[*] posted on 9-26-2008 at 06:11 AM Reply With Quote

got this in mail. let's see what the author says....

I am a nurse and this is the best description of this event that I have ever heard. Please read, pay attention, and send it on!

FEMALE HEART ATTACKS

I was aware that female heart attacks are different, but this is the best description I've ever read.

Women and heart attacks (Myocardial infarction). Did you know that women rarely have the same dramatic symptoms that men have when experiencing heart attack ...you know, the sudden stabbing pain in the chest, the cold sweat, grabbing the chest & dropping to the floor that we see in the movies. Here is the story of one woman's experience with a heart attack.

'I had a heart attack at about 10 :30 PM with NO prior exertion, NO prior emotional trauma that one would suspect might've brought it on.

I was sitting all snugly & warm on a cold evening, with my purring cat in my lap, reading an interesting story my friend had sent me, and actually thinking,
'A-A-h, this is the life, all cozy and warm in my soft, cushy Lazy Boy with my feet propped up.

A moment later, I felt that awful sensation of indigestion, when you've been in a hurry and grabbed a bite of sandwich and washed it down with a dash of water, and that hurried bite seems to feel like you've swallowed a golf ball going down the esophagus in slow motion and it is most uncomfortable. You realize you
shouldn't have gulped it down so fast and needed to chew it more thoroughly and this time drink a glass of water to hasten its progress down to the stomach. This was my initial sensation---the only trouble was that I hadn't taken a bite of anything since about 5:00 p.m.

After it seemed to subside, the next sensation was like little squeezing motions that seemed to be racing up my SPINE (hind-sight, it was probably my aorta
spasming), gaining speed as they continued racing up and under my sternum (breast bone, where one presses rhythmically when administering CPR).

This fascinating process continued on into my throat and branched out into both jaws. 'AHA!! NOW I stopped puzzling about what was happening -- we all have read and/or heard about pain in the jaws being one of the signals of an MI happening, haven't we? I said aloud to myself and the cat,

Dear God, I think I'm having a heart attack!

I lowered the footrest dumping the cat from my lap, started to take a step and fell on the floor instead. I thought to myself, If this is a heart attack, I
shouldn't be walking into the next room where the phone is or anywhere else ... but, on the other hand, if I don't, nobody will know that I need help, and if I wait any longer I may not be able to get up in moment.

I pulled myself up with the arms of the chair, walked slowly into the next room and dialed the Paramedic. I told her I thought I was having a heart attack due
to the pressure building under the sternum and radiating into my jaws. I didn't feel hysterical or afraid, just stating the facts. She said she was sending the Paramedics over immediately, asked if the front door was near to me, and if so, to unbolt the door and then lie down on the floor where they could see me when they came in.

I unlocked the door and then laid down on the floor as instructed and lost consciousness, as I don't remember the medics coming in, their examination,
lifting me onto a gurney or getting me, into their ambulance, or hearing the call they made to St. Jude ER on the way, but I did briefly awaken when we arrived and saw that the Cardiologist was already there in his surgical blues and cap, helping the medics pull my stretcher out of the ambulance. He was bending over me asking questions (probably something like 'Have you taken any medications?') but I couldn't make my mind interpret what he was saying, or form an answer, and nodded off again, not waking up until the Cardiologist and partner had already
threaded the teeny angiogram balloon up my femoral artery into the aorta and into my heart where they installed 2 side by side stents to hold open my right
coronary artery.

'I know it sounds like all my thinking and actions at home must have taken at least 20-30 minutes before calling the Paramedics, but actually it took perhaps
4-5 minutes before the call, and both the fire station and St. Jude are only minutes away from my home, and my Cardiologist was already to go to the OR in his scrubs and get going on restarting my heart (which had stopped somewhere between my arrival and the procedure) and installing the stents.

'Why have I written all of this to you with so much detail? Because I want all of you who are so important in my life to know what I learned first hand.'

1. Be aware that something very different is happening in your body not the usual men's symptoms but inexplicable things happening (until my sternum and
jaws got into the act). It is said that many more women than men die of their first (and last) MI because they didn't know they were having one and
commonly mistake it as indigestion, take some Maalox or other anti-heartburn preparation and go to bed, hoping they'll feel better in the morning when they
wake up ... which doesn't happen. My female friends, your symptoms might not be exactly like mine, so I advise you to call the Paramedics if ANYTHING is
unpleasantly happening that you've not felt before. It is better to have a 'false alarm' visitation than to risk your life guessing what it might be!

2. Note that I said 'Call the Paramedics.' And if you can take an aspirin. Ladies, TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE! Do NOT try to drive yourself to the ER - you are a hazard to others on the road.

Do NOT have your panicked husband who will be speeding and looking anxiously at what's happening with you instead of the road.

Do NOT call your doctor -- he doesn't know where you live and if it's at night you won't reach him anyway, and if it's daytime, his assistants (or answering
service) will tell you to call the Paramedics. He doesn't carry the equipment in his car that you need to be saved! The Paramedics do, principally OXYGEN
that you need ASAP. Your Dr. will be notified later.

3. Don't assume it couldn't be a heart attack because you have a normal cholesterol count. Research has discovered that a cholesterol elevated reading is rarely the cause of an MI (unless it's unbelievably high and/or accompanied by high blood pressure). MIs are usually caused by long-term stress and
inflammation in the body, which dumps all sorts of deadly hormones into your system to sludge things up in there.

Pain in the jaw can wake you from a sound sleep. Let's be careful and be aware. The more we know, the better chance we could survive.

Spread the news. Liverpool FC is going to win the league title this season. Believe.
Hewwokitty
Legen..... wait for it...... DARY!!!

Deleted: 4
Points ($): 676

Mood: :D

[*] posted on 9-28-2008 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote

Fasting helps cleanse out your internal body
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member Hewwokitty's Aim Send Points ($)
eddyc

Deleted: 1
Points ($): 20

[*] posted on 10-13-2008 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote

i tried to go on a fast, its one of the hardest things to do, You gotta be committed. I just got the detox pills from a company called Genuine Health, lets see how that works out.
 Pages:  1  2
Digg! Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top