BOYZ vs FOOD - El Tepeyac Cafe's 5 lbs Burrito Challenge

El Tepeyac Cafe's "Manuel's Special"

3-4 Servings
5 lbs

El Tepeyac Cafe
812 N Evergreen Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90033
(323) 267-8668

Know any food challenges or any good places to eat in So. Cal. ?
EMAIL US!
boyzvsfood@gmail.com

5 lbs burrito challenge
taiwanesegurl
Harry Potter - Triwizard Tournament Champion

Deleted: 0
Rate: +
Points ($): 2107

Mood: MENTOS! THE FRESH MAKER!

[*] posted on 3-9-2009 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote

holy shit 5 pounds..

i don't know if it's the camera angles, but it looks like the guy in the middle (ed?) was the champ.. he seemed to eat the fastest!

1337 M4573R
~DANCING IS TIZIGHT~

Deleted: 8
Points ($): 5410

Mood: spamming

[*] posted on 3-9-2009 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote

nick wth you gotta represent you ate so little...
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member 1337+M4573R's Aim Send Points ($)
evilhinata

Deleted: 2
Points ($): 10

Mood: evil

[*] posted on 3-9-2009 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote

It didnt look like I ate much...but I actually ate almost half....I split the burrito long-ways.
genki

Deleted: 39
Points ($): 305

[*] posted on 3-9-2009 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote

my eating team in toronto can handle that!!

Deleted: 6 [10%]
Points ($): 36

Mood: sexy

[*] posted on 3-9-2009 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote

oohh those boys are hot. hey shy one on the left, can i get your digits?
claudewolfe

Points ($): 2855

[*] posted on 3-10-2009 at 12:45 AM Reply With Quote

hahaha. . . WEAK! This probably isn't a good thing, but a few years back I finished that El Tepeyac 5 lb burrito. . . easily. . . when I drove by LA County Hospital (which is nearby). And I'm not the only one. I know other people who can finish it easily. 4-5 lbs is pretty normal for burritos in Los Angeles. If you can finish a whole large deep dish pizza, you can probably finish this too. I wouldn't do it again as I was so stuffed I had "issues" going to work the next day.

There's another El Tepeyac in Monterey Park (i guess to cater to the asian crowd, but it doesn't approach the original).

I love these types of places. I eat at virtually all the burrito shacks and roach coaches I see in Los Angeles. Usually if I see Hispanic day laborers or cops lined up, it must be pretty good. Most of the time, I think I am the only Asian who eats at these types of places.

Other similar Eats in Los Angeles:
Yuca's on Hillhurst (in the Los Feliz neighborhood) is similar to El Tepeyac but serves smaller portions. The portions have gone way down since their customers are starving hollywood types (i.e. Entourage-types)

El Farolito (Jr. etc.): multiple locations, the one on Chapman/Bradford in Anaheim is impressive.

Titos Tacos (culver city). - getting too popular, not as good as before.

ANY of the roach coaches that are packed with people. I like the ones parked on the side of the street in Venice and downtown los angeles.

Oh yeah. . . there was an issue recently with El Tepeyac (along with Costco/Ralphs/etc.) getting contaminated beef from the Hallmark Meat Processing plant here in Chino. Really though, I could care less.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/418010106.png
thaAMAZINess

Points ($): 535

[*] posted on 3-10-2009 at 01:22 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by claudewolfe
hahaha. . . WEAK! This probably isn't a good thing, but a few years back I finished that El Tepeyac 5 lb burrito. . . easily. . . when I drove by LA County Hospital (which is nearby). And I'm not the only one. I know other people who can finish it easily. 4-5 lbs is pretty normal for burritos in Los Angeles. If you can finish a whole large deep dish pizza, you can probably finish this too. I wouldn't do it again as I was so stuffed I had "issues" going to work the next day.

There's another El Tepeyac in Monterey Park (i guess to cater to the asian crowd, but it doesn't approach the original).

I love these types of places. I eat at virtually all the burrito shacks and roach coaches I see in Los Angeles. Usually if I see Hispanic day laborers or cops lined up, it must be pretty good. Most of the time, I think I am the only Asian who eats at these types of places.

Other similar Eats in Los Angeles:
Yuca's on Hillhurst (in the Los Feliz neighborhood) is similar to El Tepeyac but serves smaller portions. The portions have gone way down since their customers are starving hollywood types (i.e. Entourage-types)

El Farolito (Jr. etc.): multiple locations, the one on Chapman/Bradford in Anaheim is impressive.

Titos Tacos (culver city). - getting too popular, not as good as before.

ANY of the roach coaches that are packed with people. I like the ones parked on the side of the street in Venice and downtown los angeles.

Oh yeah. . . there was an issue recently with El Tepeyac (along with Costco/Ralphs/etc.) getting contaminated beef from the Hallmark Meat Processing plant here in Chino. Really though, I could care less.

damn, props for you for finishing it. i was gonna finish it but i didnt wanna screw myself up hahaha

thanx for the infos! for sure we will go check it out
claudewolfe

Points ($): 2855

[*] posted on 3-10-2009 at 02:19 AM Reply With Quote

I forgot, El Tarasco's chain in El Segundo, CA (one location on Grand, one on Rosecrans, one on Sepulveda past Manhattan Beach Blvd) . The El Tarasco on Rosecrans by Dockweiler State Beach has 4 counter seats and is tight as hell. If you're a fatass like me, you might have issues walking in the door. But that one on Rosecrans is just really great. The burritos are large, but 1-2lbs large. Since you're by the beach, a lot of surfers come here for eats.

El Burrito Jr. on Torrance Blvd in Albertsons shopping center (between Anza Ave and Hawthorne Blvd) in Torrance. The carnitas burrito is ridiculously good if you go during peak hours and it is fresh. The size is impressive but not ridiculously so. My sister can only eat a tenth of the burrito (though she only weighs 97 lbs). The location that is a shack on Pacific Coast Highway (redondo beach) is even better I've been told.

Rod's Charbroiler on Artesia Blvd near Inglewood blvd. in North Redondo Beach has nothing notable except the gigantic breakfast burritos and ridiculously sized chili fries portions. I gained nearly 20 lbs eating at this place for 2 weeks. Don't get the regular burritos, they are filled with stuff that looks gross. But the breakfast burrito makes up for it. Cops and trashy people eat here a lot.

Amigos Tacos - The location across the street from Rod's Charbroilers closed recently, but it had really good breakfast burritos. There are other locations.

Kogi Korean BBQ Taco Truck - location found on Twitter. . . You'll have to google for this. This has been making waves in LA for the past week.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/418010106.png
taiwanesegurl
Harry Potter - Triwizard Tournament Champion

Points ($): 2107

Mood: MENTOS! THE FRESH MAKER!

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by claudewolfe
I forgot, El Tarasco's chain in El Segundo, CA (one location on Grand, one on Rosecrans, one on Sepulveda past Manhattan Beach Blvd) . The El Tarasco on Rosecrans by Dockweiler State Beach has 4 counter seats and is tight as hell. If you're a fatass like me, you might have issues walking in the door. But that one on Rosecrans is just really great. The burritos are large, but 1-2lbs large. Since you're by the beach, a lot of surfers come here for eats.

El Burrito Jr. on Torrance Blvd in Albertsons shopping center (between Anza Ave and Hawthorne Blvd) in Torrance. The carnitas burrito is ridiculously good if you go during peak hours and it is fresh. The size is impressive but not ridiculously so. My sister can only eat a tenth of the burrito (though she only weighs 97 lbs). The location that is a shack on Pacific Coast Highway (redondo beach) is even better I've been told.

Rod's Charbroiler on Artesia Blvd near Inglewood blvd. in North Redondo Beach has nothing notable except the gigantic breakfast burritos and ridiculously sized chili fries portions. I gained nearly 20 lbs eating at this place for 2 weeks. Don't get the regular burritos, they are filled with stuff that looks gross. But the breakfast burrito makes up for it. Cops and trashy people eat here a lot.

Amigos Tacos - The location across the street from Rod's Charbroilers closed recently, but it had really good breakfast burritos. There are other locations.

Kogi Korean BBQ Taco Truck - location found on Twitter. . . You'll have to google for this. This has been making waves in LA for the past week.

El Burrito Junior on PCH in Lomita/Torrance is the better EBJ..

Kogi is now serving at The Alibi in Culver City.. for some odd reason, I haven't gone there yet..

ubersok

Deleted: 2
Points ($): 565

Mood: Indifferent.

[*] posted on 2-28-2010 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote

I've been to the Kogi Truck a few times. I think it's overrated.. Sure they have some good stuff, but the price isn't worth it.

Maybe the first time is worth it, but after that it's all downhill. But the Spicy Pork Taco is pretty good, but not worth two dollars. However, this is just my opinion.

I love mexican food. :drool: Haha, this is getting me hungryyyyyy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/advan_R/Astoncopy.jpg
Digg! Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top