Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Effusino/Inffusion in your knee?
Ads
Sponsor

Your Ad Here

J00nyer

Deleted: 5
Rate: +
Points ($): 4038

Mood: Tired

[*] posted on 7-14-2009 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Effusino/Inffusion in your knee?

has anyone ever had Effusion or is it Inffusion in your knee? not sure which is the correct term...but basically when there is too much liquid in your knee causing it to buckle, numb, and be in pain?

i was playing ball a month ago and i cracked my knee on the way down. hurt really bad, and still hurts today. can't seem to kneel or crouch all the way down.

saw a doctor, and doc said to just wait it out it'll go away...but the recovery is really slow...anyone ever had it? what did you do? thanks!!!
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member J00nyer's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Send Points ($)
ryan_pogi
Cool Member

Deleted: 2
Points ($): 2251

Mood: I'm calm now.

[*] posted on 7-14-2009 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote

i had an anterior cruciate ligament (aka ACL), and it swell like hell. kinda like a water balloon in my knee. . . hot compress will do the trick.
but every time i hurt my knee, it made my knee balloons, hehehe.
surgery was the final solution.

-=Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead.=-
------------------------------------------------------
-=I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming, terrified, like his passengers.=-
J00nyer

[*] posted on 7-14-2009 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by ryan_pogi
surgery was the final solution.

OH GOD...
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member J00nyer's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Send Points ($)
kq

Points ($): 69

Mood: studying

[*] posted on 7-14-2009 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote

how'd you hurt your knee in the first place? if its sports, try to take it easy so you don't have jacked up knees when you're old.
niQ
ball over all.

Points ($): 4090

Mood: Funk~

[*] posted on 7-14-2009 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote

i don't want to sound like an a$s. but.. since you already know the name of what you have.. can't you google it up? like.. symptoms of it if you really have it.. and treatment.

worse case scenario you'll need surgery and prolly some rehab. i duno how serious it is for you but if the doctor said to wait it out then the best thing to do is to cease all sporting activity til it's fully healed. or else you will definitely need surgery.

gl and take care.

real eyes realize real lies.
Premonition
Guitar god of the highest grade

Deleted: 1
Points ($): 1898

[*] posted on 7-15-2009 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote

I´ve had it for about 15 years. I guess it started when I was 9, 3 years after I started playing football (socccer) I´ve x-rayed but they doctors didnt find anything.
At worst, I was in so much pain I called in sick from school just to lay in my bed and cry all day.
I guess I should have had surgery along time ago, but it never happened.
Today it´s not as bad as it used to be, but whenever I´ve had some sort of exercise, it hurts like a mother after I´ve been sitting still for a while. But I´m coasting along...
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member Premonition's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger Premonition's Yahoo Send Points ($)
J00nyer

[*] posted on 7-15-2009 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote

to niQ: yes of course i've went on google and searched it up, but i just want what other people have done that has had it or still have it.

to premonition: omg, u've had it for 3 years? is that even possible? didn't the liquid go away? i heard its suppose to just burst or like flow away or smth. and yea same thing, i did an x-ray and ultrasound they said i was fine=S but my knee still hurts. hope you get better
Premonition

[*] posted on 7-15-2009 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote

No, I`ve had it for 15 years. From when I was 9, 3 years after I started playing soccer, from which I guess it originated.
I have a little lump on my knee that grows from excessive exercise, but once I get to rest it´s all good.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member Premonition's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger Premonition's Yahoo Send Points ($)
dire1001

Deleted: 0
Points ($): 80

[*] posted on 7-15-2009 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote

why you so injury prone man, quit ball.
lbrother28

Deleted: 6
Points ($): 16462

Mood: bored

[*] posted on 7-15-2009 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote

Since your injury is a sport injury I would recommend going to a traditional Chinese bonesetter or Tit-da, you know, the person you see in kung fu movies fixing up people's bones after fighting matches and stuff. They should be very familiar with those kinds of injuries because a lot of martial artists often injure their knee as well. But make sure you go to someone who actually knows what he's doing though.
ryan_pogi
Cool Member

Points ($): 2251

Mood: I'm calm now.

[*] posted on 7-15-2009 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote

this type of injury can not be detected by x-ray or ultra-sound . . . but an MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)

-=Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead.=-
------------------------------------------------------
-=I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming, terrified, like his passengers.=-
Premonition

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote

Well, I quit playing football 9 years ago and my knee is still kinda fucked up. Anyhow, I´ll see if I can find one of them ancient chinese kung fu masters. I hope he come with a long mustache.
But I guess they don´t exactly grow on trees here in sweden >_<
afrojan
sure is sleepy

Points ($): 2565

Mood: meh...

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote

ah i heard of that, my cousin got it a couple years back, he had to have surgery, haha he was walking around with a metal brace for like 3 months...i heard this injury is mostly common in like sports where the legs are most active like soccer or AFL (Aussie Football League or Aussie Rules Football as its known here) for those who don't know what AFL was...
Gekkeijyu
Fastest Man Alive!

Deleted: 7
Points ($): 6990

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 7-26-2009 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by J00nyer
has anyone ever had Effusion or is it Inffusion in your knee? not sure which is the correct term...but basically when there is too much liquid in your knee causing it to buckle, numb, and be in pain?

i was playing ball a month ago and i cracked my knee on the way down. hurt really bad, and still hurts today. can't seem to kneel or crouch all the way down.

saw a doctor, and doc said to just wait it out it'll go away...but the recovery is really slow...anyone ever had it? what did you do? thanks!!!

you still hurting? i meant to reply to this when you first posted, but my computer crashed in my first attempt and i got too lazy to retype everything.

the knee is the largest/most complex joint in the body and effusion can be caused by any number of injuries to the structures within: ligaments, tendons, joint capsule, menisci, bursa sacs, cartilage, etc. btw, remember that GP's ("family doctors") typically graduated in the lower third of their class and are more "jack of all trades, masters of none" type of doctors. go see a sports physiotherapy, hopefully one that specializes in your sport.

regarding your injury, did you "crack it on the way down" as in you actually landed on your knee, or did you land on your foot awkwardly and felt something in your knee give out? effusion is just a symptom, it doesn't say where the injury is. i'm guessing you sprained/tore something in your knee, my best guess being the medial meniscus. its the disc between your thigh bone and shin bone on the inside of you knee. the numbness/pain doesn't tell much because those are also general symptoms. the buckling, however, usually means there's something wrong inside the joint, like a torn piece of cartilage floating around and fucking w/ your joint function.

feel along the inside edge of your kneecap until you feel the gap between the bones. this gap is easier to feel when you're sitting and your knee is bent. is it tender in there? anyway go see a physio
Digg! Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top