Sponsor

Your Ad Here

claudewolfe

Deleted: 0
Rate: +
Points ($): 2855

[*] posted on 2-10-2010 at 12:03 AM Reply With Quote
It's all in the food you eat.

I am 30 and just lost 70 lbs (260lbs -> 190lbs) and went from a 44" waist to a 32" waist @ 5'7". I believe I am still significantly overweight, "bulky and V-shaped" would be a good description. I would like to weigh 155lbs and look like sobakchi. I will probably get there in a few months with all the running. There is nothing quite like an age barrier to get yourself motivated.

There was some guy here on Outie who kept alluding to similar amount of weight loss and how he did it by eating very clean. I can't remember who it was, but that's exactly what I had to do, clean up my diet, big time. Consistent, clean diet really did it for me. For years, I'd been eating nearly 8000 calories a day. Now, I eat 2000 calories and write it all down on paper. I've been eating clean for nearly 2 years now.

1) As you get older, it gets very hard to lose weight. Learn to be patient and consistent. Consistency is worth a lot more than 2 minutes of hot blood. If you screw up one day, realize that tomorrow is a new day.

2) Try to eat clean and eat frequently. Pig out, but pig out on clean food. Don't be afraid to throw away food. Better in the trash than in your stomach. I've pretty much lived on spinach, fish, brown rice, and soy (sometimes whey powder when I'm too tired to cook). Exercise is worthless if you cannot learn to eat clean. What I think is ridiculous is the number of people who you see head to the gym and then hit McDonalds. There's no point in going to the gym if you are going to ruin it with junk food.

3) Work out, but start in moderation. What you do is less important than being consistent. My regiment is 2 days a week of resistance training and 3 days of cardio. On the cardio days, mix it up between long distance, speed intervals, and hill intervals. Learn to fit exercise into your regiment even if it means doing it in your work clothes. Remember, you can always buy another set of clothes, but you only have one body.

For looking lean, there is no better exercise than walking very long distances or performing extended low-intensity exercises. It may not seem like you are doing anything, but it adds up quick.

4) Set athletic goals, not weight goals. Mentally, athletic goals are much easier to reach. Rather than saying, "I want to lose 40 lbs", say "I want to run a marathon." For me, my goal is to effortlessly run 26 flat miles. So far, I can easily do 14 miles. I also set goals in terms of the number of pull ups, push ups, and dips I could do. I only weigh in once a week.

But really, when I started eating clean, everything else fell into place.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/418010106.png
QingTian

Deleted: 8
Points ($): 1425

[*] posted on 2-10-2010 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote

why bore yourself with a "routine" when you can play a sport
claudewolfe

Points ($): 2855

[*] posted on 2-11-2010 at 02:03 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by QingTian
why bore yourself with a "routine" when you can play a sport

Yeah, it probably made a difference that after a 15 year hiatus, I started playing tennis again (as you can see from my avatar). . . but I don't consider that part of my workout routine. It's just for fun, but I play 4 days a week. I love stringing racquets and trying out new strings. I'm always on the lookout for PC600, St. Vincent Pro Staffs, and Wilson Ultra (Boron from 1985).

http://www.speedtest.net/result/418010106.png
CeBin
Working

Deleted: 6
Points ($): 1290

[*] posted on 2-11-2010 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 145lb
Trying to get to 150lb... but i don't have crazy muscles or fat...
I like to stretch-stretch lifts-lifts cardio-cardio swim-swim so i have good build not macho macho build... haha;;

http://www.speedtest.net/result/660439813.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2073116408.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2704266544.png
zeroeightfive

Deleted: 4
Points ($): 464

[*] posted on 7-2-2010 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote

if you seriously want to work out and be ripped, you're welcome to come work out with by buddies and i. we go to the YMCA @ sheppard and bayview. PM me if you're seriously interested

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m16/Gryss/4horsemen.gif
pk_volt

Deleted: 7
Points ($): 855

[*] posted on 7-4-2010 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote

Olympic lifting... Fuck yea!
captkendall
Kamehameha!!

Deleted: 4
Points ($): 1410

[*] posted on 2-19-2011 at 11:42 PM Reply With Quote

do starting strength start working for muscle or else you won't get results lol. you dont get big overnight and once u start getting muscular u can lay off a little bit and do more of an aesthetic routine.
http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki
alstonkenn
N00b

Points ($): 50

[*] posted on 12-24-2011 at 06:20 AM Reply With Quote

So many people never give care for their eating life style because of tight working schedule. Make a habit for daily exercise in the early morning minimum for 20 minutes daily you can easily build your muscles.

markebatt
N00b

Points ($): 50

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 03:17 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by alstonkenn
So many people never give care for their eating life style because of tight working schedule. Make a habit for daily exercise in the early morning minimum for 20 minutes daily you can easily build your muscles.

Yes I am totally agree with you that so many peoples are very careless about their life style and health because of their heavy working schedules. There are several types of light exercise which are done in working area to make yourself active for the full day.

Pages:  1  2
Digg! Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top