Your Ad Here

albernbowen
N00b

Deleted: 0
Rate: +
Points ($): 50

[*] posted on 3-4-2010 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
Canon's 550d review

Canon has released the 18MP EOS 550D DSLR which features 1080p HD filming capabilities. The 3in, LCD screen has 1,040k dot resolution and the camera has Eye-Fi compatibility. New to the 550D is the ability to cap auto ISO. The EOS 550D body only is available from 24th February 2010.

Features.
1. 18 Megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
2. DIGIC 4 processor with ISO 100-6400 (Expansion to 12800)
3. Continuous shooting at 3.7fps
4. Full HD movie recording with manual control and selectable frame rates
5. 7.7cm (3.0in) 3:2 Clear View LCD with 1,040k dots
6. iFCL metering System with 63-zone Dual-layer Metering Sensor
7. Quick Control screen to change shooting settings
8. Exposure compensation +/-5 stops.
9. Select maximum value for Auto ISO
10. External Microphone socket
11. Movie crop function
12. Eye-Fi connected functions compatibility

mokona99

Deleted: 7
Points ($): 2706

[*] posted on 3-5-2010 at 12:02 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by albernbowen
Canon has released the 18MP EOS 550D DSLR which features 1080p HD filming capabilities. The 3in, LCD screen has 1,040k dot resolution and the camera has Eye-Fi compatibility. New to the 550D is the ability to cap auto ISO. The EOS 550D body only is available from 24th February 2010.

Features.
1. 18 Megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
2. DIGIC 4 processor with ISO 100-6400 (Expansion to 12800)
3. Continuous shooting at 3.7fps
4. Full HD movie recording with manual control and selectable frame rates
5. 7.7cm (3.0in) 3:2 Clear View LCD with 1,040k dots
6. iFCL metering System with 63-zone Dual-layer Metering Sensor
7. Quick Control screen to change shooting settings
8. Exposure compensation +/-5 stops.
9. Select maximum value for Auto ISO
10. External Microphone socket
11. Movie crop function
12. Eye-Fi connected functions compatibility

Canon's 550d is basically Canon's lower end Rebel series of cameras.

It's all about the EOS 1D's and my favorite EOS 5D Mark II.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5644/fansnz6sz9.jpg http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2521/halo3smallrg3.jpg
PSN-
http://c.imagehost.org/0391/Jay_s_Sig_copy.jpg

THE PS3 RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Galata
She is Mizukawa Asami

Deleted: 1
Points ($): 4170

Mood: Studying

[*] posted on 3-5-2010 at 02:03 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by mokona99

I am not really sure about that. 550d (rebel t2i) is bascailly the higher standard of the rebel series. Basically an upgraded from t1i. Others call it the baby EOS 7d. The function and purpose of this camera are more for people with some experience using SLRs rather than an entry level SLR.

I have been using my 450d, and it is already good enough for me to take awesome pictures. so, i dont think it is ALL about the two you just mentioned as they are crazy expensive and regular camera enthusiasts wont require them anyways.
ryan_pogi
Cool Member

Deleted: 2
Points ($): 2251

Mood: I'm calm now.

[*] posted on 3-5-2010 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Galata
Quote:

I am not really sure about that. 550d (rebel t2i) is bascailly the higher standard of the rebel series. Basically an upgraded from t1i. Others call it the baby EOS 7d. The function and purpose of this camera are more for people with some experience using SLRs rather than an entry level SLR.

I have been using my 450d, and it is already good enough for me to take awesome pictures. so, i dont think it is ALL about the two you just mentioned as they are crazy expensive and regular camera enthusiasts wont require them anyways.

t2i is a higher level rebel series, it is not?

-=Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead.=-
------------------------------------------------------
-=I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming, terrified, like his passengers.=-
mokona99

[*] posted on 3-5-2010 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Quote:

lol I guess after playing around with the EOS 5D Mark II, I'm kinda spoiled. haha The 5D Mark II is just an overall amazing camera.

I have also recently got the EOS 7D and even though, not up to par with the 5D Mark II (though still, very nice), it's video capabilities are AMAZING.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5644/fansnz6sz9.jpg http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2521/halo3smallrg3.jpg
PSN-

B0000rt
Premium Member

Points ($): 839

[*] posted on 3-5-2010 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lol I guess after playing around with the EOS 5D Mark II, I'm kinda spoiled. haha The 5D Mark II is just an overall amazing camera.

I have also recently got the EOS 7D and even though, not up to par with the 5D Mark II (though still, very nice), it's video capabilities are AMAZING.

Not up to par how? They're two different segment cameras. One's a crop, while one's a FF... One has better AF (the 7D) while one has better low light performance due to the larger sensor (5D mk2)

King of the hill for low light performance is now the D3s, with it's insane performance at even 6400ISO

Imo, that's the only real difference between prosumer/pro SLRs these days/
mokona99

[*] posted on 3-6-2010 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by B0000rt
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not up to par how? They're two different segment cameras. One's a crop, while one's a FF... One has better AF (the 7D) while one has better low light performance due to the larger sensor (5D mk2)

King of the hill for low light performance is now the D3s, with it's insane performance at even 6400ISO

Compare a EOS 1D Mark IV and an EOS 7D and I dare you to tell me there's only a slight difference between a prosumer and pro slr...

Now, if you were to tell me there's a slight difference between pro SLR's like an EOS 1D Mark IV and an EOS 1Ds Mark III, then I would believe you.

I have the EOS 7D and I have tried out a friend's 1D Mark IV and there's a huge ass difference in image quality, af points,fps, etc.

Yes, there is a difference...

Actually, I have found in my opinion for the 5D Mark II to have better AF as well than the 7D. I have both cameras, and I just love my 5D Mark II to death. I love my 7D, but I use it more for video, though, as I said, it's still a very good camera.

Now, just need to save up for the EOS 1D Mark IV!!! lol

PSN-

lucidsnow

Deleted: 1
Points ($): 575

Mood: 孤獨司機

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote

lol this thread started with review for 550d t2i ... ended up being a debate on better more expensive topline models of canon. it wuld only be more appropriate to compare the video quality / settings the t2i provides vs the others. essentially the camera part is still same as a t1i with more megapixels and a high res screen.

outie PPL post ur pics here on outie~ long live this thread...
http://www.outie.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=24836&page=1
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Send Points ($)
B0000rt
Premium Member

Points ($): 839

[*] posted on 3-11-2010 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by B0000rt
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Compare a EOS 1D Mark IV and an EOS 7D and I dare you to tell me there's only a slight difference between a prosumer and pro slr...

Now, if you were to tell me there's a slight difference between pro SLR's like an EOS 1D Mark IV and an EOS 1Ds Mark III, then I would believe you.

I have the EOS 7D and I have tried out a friend's 1D Mark IV and there's a huge ass difference in image quality, af points,fps, etc.

Yes, there is a difference...

Actually, I have found in my opinion for the 5D Mark II to have better AF as well than the 7D. I have both cameras, and I just love my 5D Mark II to death. I love my 7D, but I use it more for video, though, as I said, it's still a very good camera.

Now, just need to save up for the EOS 1D Mark IV!!! lol

You didn't read my post, like I said those two cameras are not comparable, they're designed for two different segments. One is a crop while the other is a FF. Slap a 600mm with a 2x converter on a 7D and you'll have 1920mm equivalent. I never talked about the 1D, so I don't know why you're bring that into the equation. Straight up 5DmkII and 7D. One's a crop, one's a FF. One has the latest AF, one does not.

Regardless, all these cameras produce the same quality image < 400 ISO anyways, T2i included
jazzrocking
N00b

Deleted: 3 [75%]
Points ($): 10

[*] posted on 5-27-2010 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote

The sound that is normally recorded is pretty good, but can be greatly improved by connecting an external microphone.
The image ratio of the high resolution display is new in the Canon EOS 550D. For the first time, there can be spoken of a 3:2 ratio, which is equal to the ratio of the image sensor. That is good for the true reproduction of the images.

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Send Points ($)
Digg! Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top