Sponsor

Your Ad Here

theone111

Deleted: 3
Rate: +
Points ($): 661

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 01:01 AM Reply With Quote
Weight Gain

Hey guys im someone who has high metabolism and cant seem to put on any pounds.
Can anyone here recommend me some good shakes/weight gainers that are healthy?
darkray16

Deleted: 13
Points ($): 3711

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 02:00 AM Reply With Quote

eat more. whenever people say that they eat so much but they don't gain weight they usually don't realize how little they actually eat compared to the diets of large guys.

something like this:
breakfast
large chicken salad for breakfast with a peanut butter sandwhich and large cup of milk
lunch
two grilled chicken burgers, another large salad, and maybe some protein shake( or soy milk)
dinner
4lbs of spaghetti with a meat sauce for protein and a few hardboiled eggs with yolks removed

that's actually pretty close to my diet in case you think it's a bit unreasonable. and I'm only 200lbs/95kgs and 6feet/184cms tall with a medium muscular build.

Steam: Darkray16
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member darkray16's Aim Send Points ($)
Byakuya
[Banned]

Deleted: 8
Points ($): 6476

Mood: Easy Breezy

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 03:12 AM Reply With Quote

I agree with darkray that the most apparent solution is that high metabolism ppl can't gain weight is that they don't eat enough. Obviously, if you eat more than you gain weight. Also, is by "gaining weight" i assume you mean gaining muscle mass. No one obviously wants to gain weight by eating like a pig and gaining fat...

To be more realistic, the one major controlling factor would be appetite. Doesn't matter what your metabolism is like, your body wants to stay at equilibrium - at its comfortable weight. Personally, I find it harder to stuff myself with food than starve.

So here's some advice from someone with high metabolism who also has trouble gaining weight:

1. Exercise ...exercise...and more exercise.
It will build muscle mass which is healthier weight.
It will also increase your body's appetite since it takes calories to support those muscles

2. Eat small meals/snacks throughout the day. Fruits, veggies, granola bars, etc. You'll find that you can down a lot more food since your appetite will grow. I also suggest you not cheat and eat candy or McDonalds.

3. Go to a online vitamins/supplement reseller and buy some meal replacement or protein powder.
Even though you will find that your appetite has increased and your weight is steadily increasing from exercising and building muscle, your body still wants to maintain your equilibrium weight and your appetite won't go any higher. Meal replacement drinks and protein drinks like Whey Protein can supplement your daily intake as its easier to gulp down 200 calories than eating 200 calories. http://www.cheapvitamins.com/ is a good example.

4. More training. more exercise.

5. If you are self conscious or too organized. Keep a daily log of your calorie intake. There are plenty of online calorie calculators. Keep track of everything you eat per day and sum up the calories. Set a goal and make sure to hit that number every day. After a month, weigh yourself and if you aren't gaining weight fast enough, increase that daily calorie limit.

I mean it's quite an obvious answer right?

Exercise + Muscle + Eat More = Weight

Oh and don't forget Zombie Survival Guide Rule #44 Cardio
Always important to becareful as your are downing so much random foods.

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/1600/shoujomah2dy.jpg
tnt3k
Now What?

Deleted: 7
Points ($): 3468

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 04:16 AM Reply With Quote

shit... i need just the opposite...
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member tnt3k's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Send Points ($)
Keet

Deleted: 1
Points ($): 420

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 06:00 AM Reply With Quote

darkray and Byakuya is right, you gotta keep track with how much your eating and know how much calories your burning in a day.
dr1yo

Points ($): 140

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote

Yeah.
Keet, darkray, and Byakuya is right, eat more.

:)
devilfea

Points ($): 34

Mood: bored and tired

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote

Eat more but don't neglect your workout. Build more muscle mass not fat mass.

junjie
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger devilfea's Yahoo Send Points ($)
CeBin
Working

Deleted: 6
Points ($): 1290

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
answer

Mammoth shake... =D
http://www.powergym.mystore.no/users/powergym_mystore_no/images/MAMMOTH2500_PRODUCTPAGE.jpg

http://www.speedtest.net/result/660439813.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2073116408.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2704266544.png
-skyline-

Points ($): 2125

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote

go to your doctor and check your thyroid function
Galata
She is Mizukawa Asami

Points ($): 4170

Mood: Studying

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote

really? I am having the same problem, but i eat on average 3 bowls of rice per day during dinner. also, i eat like 4-5 meals a day. the only time wheni gain weight was when my mom went bk to hk and i had to eat out like everyday for every meal.
Code85

Deleted: 11
Points ($): 616

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote

You can try working out, that's what I'm doing and I have the same problem as you. Last I checked I gained 5 pounds :S
theone111

Deleted: 3
Points ($): 661

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote

thanks for the advice but maybe i should have made myself more clear:
I do excercise, work out and eat alot but i have very little to work with hence why i would like to put on some weight so it will be easier to build off that instead of nothing
zeroeightfive

Deleted: 4
Points ($): 464

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote

the issue with weight gain initially is it will SUCK. eating when you aren't even hungry is basically the way to do it. Just make sure the food you eat is healthy. Dont cram a Big Mac down when you arent hungry, that will do more harm than good.

as for excercise, the easiest way to do it is with a buddy (or buddies). If you force each other to hit the gym regularly, its much easier than going alone, because we cheat ourselves and give ourselves reasons to not go (lot of homework, tired after work, gf wants to go out etc). If you got 2-3 friends who are bitching at you for wanting to bail, the likelihood of you bailing will be less.

I also recommend protien shakes instead of whatever you usually drink. It doesnt taste good, and its lumpy, but shit, it will help you pack on what you're looking for. Just spam that shit.

Weight gain is a big issue for asian men, as we have a high fucking metabolism and the lifestyle that we were brought up with isnt conducive to a gymrat. In the end, its all about discipline. Your life will have to change a little in order to get the goals you want. Dont expect minimal change with large results. Small change = small results. Big change = big results.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m16/Gryss/4horsemen.gif
Prj.P

Deleted: 5
Points ($): 8333

Mood: missing...

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote

KEY is to eat 6 meals a day and stuff urself every 6 meals, make sure that they are healthy too, but if you want to gain weight u are gonna have to eat a lot of carbs.
Kurogashi
Tenshi

Deleted: 13
Points ($): 29775

Mood: DessertS

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote

I think many people are missing out that fat = good. Yes, I said it. And no, we're not talking about fats like trans fat from McDs. We're talking about fat from eating more than you can burn. People on body building forums will all say that the key to muscles is diet. It's this fat that you use to cut and tone your body, making you be able to build up mass. I think too much asians are using their metabolism as an excuse for how small/skinny they are. And also, stop doing high reps when lifting (and ease off on the cardio). If you want to bulk up, you need low reps with high mass. Anyway, good luck.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3237/brsss2.png
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger Send Points ($)
genki

Deleted: 39
Points ($): 305

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by darkray16
eat more. whenever people say that they eat so much but they don't gain weight they usually don't realize how little they actually eat compared to the diets of large guys.

not completely true
i was eating ate 8 meals a day, 5000 calories, 180 gr of protein
was gaining... but not as much as you should be for all that suffering

its harder for skinny guys to gain than you think.. and vice versa
weight gainers help A LOT
chichilzz

Deleted: 0
Points ($): 515

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote

LOL genki that's effing insane
5000 calories..

apparently something like an surplus of 3500 calories = 1lb, so try aiming for afew of those over a few weeks.

in other words, like what everyone else has said... eat more (healthy calories, avoid obvious shit like transfats) and of course, excercise for that muscle!

i recommend the zone diet, since you eat practically as many calories as you want, but control them in blocks and get them proportionally.
hyorinmaru

Deleted: 4
Points ($): 10

[*] posted on 3-10-2010 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote

theone111 i'm in the same boat as you.

i weigh about 60kg maybe up to 63kg on some days. metabolism rate is high as (or fast whichever you call it) and can't pack on weight easily.

not to say the others are wrong tho but i've read somewhere that eating more meals in smaller portions just increases the metabolic rate more. tho the others are telling you to eat more and in more meals i'm not quite sure how that would work.

a few things i know for sure is eat ALOT of carbs and don't do cardio or don't do alot anyway. doing weights can also help bulk up too, doing heavy weights and about 6-8 reps otherwise its just toning more.

i've recently got a diet plan from a few gym junkies and also a body builder and trying it out now.

cytosport is by far my favourite protein shake and is the best tasting and also mixes well.
using muscletech nitro-tech hardcore mass gainer atm but for me the taste isn't so nice and is even a bit lumpy after mixing it well... really thick and gloopy kinda.

best thing to do imo is to google 'weight gaining' or 'body building'. these days theres just so much good info on the net and so much you can learn.

hope i helped out a little.
jsamchok

Points ($): 50

[*] posted on 4-8-2010 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote

take the maximum amount of food you think you can eat in a day... then double it... for ectomorphs with high metabolism, ur gonna have to eat out of ur mind while you are in your twenty's and teen's
tekstyle

Points ($): 3250

Mood: Not Set

[*] posted on 6-22-2010 at 04:26 AM Reply With Quote

if u wanna gain weight, you just have to eat past full. you might want to eat no more than 3 meals a day, but make those 3 meals a big one. it might trick your body into thinking that food doesn't come around very often so it goes into storage mode more often.
Bailey
N00b

Points ($): 40

[*] posted on 11-30-2011 at 11:45 PM Reply With Quote

I think you should Vit-fit food supplement.
This supplements has 26% fats and hope after
you will be gain minimum 15 lbs weight.
Try it once.

alstonkenn
N00b

[*] posted on 12-24-2011 at 06:16 AM Reply With Quote

Person who want to gain or loss their weight, have to do daily exercise which type of exercise suggested by your fitness trainer for getting better result quickly. Eat calorie foods more and avoid to take more stress and tension.

jaspertailor
N00b

[*] posted on 1-30-2012 at 02:01 AM Reply With Quote

Weight gain is much easier than weight loss just take calories and fat more than needed daily. Eat food rich in calories and fat such as Dairy products, eggs, Rice, Beans, Potatoes, meat etc. Also you can take weight gain supplement for speedy weight gain.

markebatt
N00b

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 03:05 AM Reply With Quote

Yes according to me weight gain is more easier then losing weight. You have to work hard for losing weight from your body. Do daily exercise in hard terms for more then 30 minutes regularly. Eat healthy foods such as fruits and green vegetables more rather then heavy fat foods and junk more.

pr3ciouzboi

Deleted: 9
Points ($): 4596

[*] posted on 2-19-2012 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote

I guess I am already too late to answer this but for anyone else, I too am underweight. By that I mean like about 30 lbs. I was always that low and was never able to gain the "missing" weight until I recently checked that I gained 10 lbs and I am still working on gaining additional 20 healthy lbs.

Like everybody already mentioned , increase your calorie and protein intake. Make sure you balance it off with carbs (healthy carbs) since that will help you to absorb the protein a lot better. For protein, besides of the protein shakes, make sure you eat healthy lean meat, tofu, beans, wheat bread, brown rice (not white). Balance that with vegetable such as carrot, broccoli, tomatoes, potatoes.

Milk is always good and if you are lactose intollerant, Silk (soy) milk should work out too.

I too had a problem, anything I ate my body would just push out soon after my meals without having fully absorbed all the nutritions (high metabolism). I also thought, why do I need to work out if I don’t have anything to burn or to build muscle on. I was wrong. If possible try to eat something every 2-3 hours. Start off with your breakfast in the morning, small snack, lunch, snack again, dinner, and another snack before going to sleep. Make sure you do workout somewhere in between that and put a 2-3 hours break in between your meals. Using this method allows you to eat the same amount of calories spread evenly throughout the day rather than 3 big ones. Make sure to have a protein shake after ever workout max. 1 hour after workout. That is the time when your body will be needing protein the most to help nurish your muscle cells.

Before you start your workout, go warm up for maybe 5 mins light cardio, and then go hit the weights. Work out with weights that you are comfortable with. Duration should be about 50 min – 1 or 1.5 hrs. Increase your weight every week by 5-10 lbs. As you gain weight, your calorie intake will change, so it is your responsibility to keep up with it.
The older you get, the harder it will be to gain weight or lose weight. After you reach the age of 30, everything will slow down. Hint: Squad, bench presses are the way to go in order to increase weights. Good luck.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/weight_gain_calculator.htm

Digg! Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top