Your Ad Here

ryce_bouy

Deleted: 1
Rate: +
Points ($): 820

Mood: Tired

[*] posted on 5-14-2011 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
Drifting RC Cars

I am thinking about getting a drifting RC car. Does any one on here participate at all in that hobby? If so what do you recommend getting and where in Canada can I purchase these cars? Online would be preferable. I found a few but most of them seem to be in the USA and Canada doesn't have alot to offer, mostly the common cars. Any help would be appreciated. :scratch:
calvin_cheng

Deleted: 4
Points ($): 176

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 12:10 AM Reply With Quote

-www.etamiya.com
-www.rcmart.com
Check on rcmart 1st cuz its alot cheaper! if its out of stock then u have no choice but to go on etamiya. Both are from HK. (Fast shipping) U can either get a RTR which comes with the body, or u can get a RTR chassis and buy a body of ur choice ^^
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member calvin_cheng's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Send Points ($)
ShogunGT
Posting Freak

Deleted: 5
Points ($): 7549

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote

but how much would it cost? cause I'm a noob with this..but....what are the differences between all the possible chassis and stuff? Do I just pick the car I like looking at and just say : "I'll buy this and anything else required"? Cause...I've always wanted one of these...but never really had the time or money to look into it. Although I'm surprised they still sell the 07 Impreza Monte Carlo....but yea.thanks for the advice

Dee-Jay Ta-Koo...JU-Rop it!

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants." -
Sir Isaac Newton
"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never saw a machine gun." -
General Douglas MacArthur

http://prodegebanners.sitegrip.com/images/swagbucks-468x60Alt5.jpg
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member Send Points ($)
ryce_bouy

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by calvin_cheng
-www.etamiya.com
-www.rcmart.com
Check on rcmart 1st cuz its alot cheaper! if its out of stock then u have no choice but to go on etamiya. Both are from HK. (Fast shipping) U can either get a RTR which comes with the body, or u can get a RTR chassis and buy a body of ur choice ^^

Thanks alot man. I wonder how much I would have to pay on the duty importing this from Hk.
SoBe85
Posting Freak

Deleted: 0
Points ($): 519

Mood: damn school!!

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote

I would recommend the TT01 drift spec if you're willing to spending. The last time i checked, I believe they are going for 290, not sure if body was included. You can see alot of vids on you tube for this chassis and what it can do. If you are in toronto, you can always go to pmall and they can order one for you
calvin_cheng

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by ryce_bouy
Quote:
-www.etamiya.com
-www.rcmart.com

Thanks alot man. I wonder how much I would have to pay on the duty importing this from Hk.

Don't worry on the duty, normaly they dont declare the full value. Etamiya declare it as "toy 10$" and nor sure how much they declare it for rcmart... since i dint get my chassis there. But the extra parts like ball bearing, shaft and stuff they declare it as RC part/ helicopter part 10$ so its fine.
In canada u can accept up to 80$ gift but normaly the CBSA doesnt charge u duty if its below 150$.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member calvin_cheng's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Send Points ($)
calvin_cheng

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by ShogunGT
but how much would it cost? cause I'm a noob with this..but....what are the differences between all the possible chassis and stuff? Do I just pick the car I like looking at and just say : "I'll buy this and anything else required"? Cause...I've always wanted one of these...but never really had the time or money to look into it. Although I'm surprised they still sell the 07 Impreza Monte Carlo....but yea.thanks for the advice

u can get a RTR (ready to run) pack where it comes with the chassis, ESC, servo, transmitter and receiver (and maybe the body). I just brought the TT-01ES its not a chassis with drift spec. all i did was change the tires and its ready to drift on road.
Later u can add ball bearing, a alum. drive shaft ...(those are some of the part u get wen u buy a drift spec. chassis)
ryce_bouy

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by ryce_bouy
Quote:
-www.etamiya.com
-www.rcmart.com

Don't worry on the duty, normaly they dont declare the full value. Etamiya declare it as "toy 10$" and nor sure how much they declare it for rcmart... since i dint get my chassis there. But the extra parts like ball bearing, shaft and stuff they declare it as RC part/ helicopter part 10$ so its fine.
In canada u can accept up to 80$ gift but normaly the CBSA doesnt charge u duty if its below 150$.

I think I got all the information I needed thanks alot man. I don't live in Tdot anymore sadly, moved out to Nova Scotia because of my job. Would love to have the convenience to go to Pmall.
Digg! Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top