mel5582
Proxified

Deleted: 0
Rate: +
Points ($): 54753

Mood: (= 3 =)

[*] posted on 6-2-2011 at 03:58 AM Reply With Quote
Khalil Fong - 15

Khalil Fong is back with his first studio album since Orange Moon in 2008. Known simply as 15, the album title is a reference to the age he began learning to play the guitar under the influence of the likes of Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, and B. B. King. The acclaimed singer-songwriter's 5th original album comes after a period of inactivity resulting from a case of pneumothorax he suffered, during which he was banned from working and thus had the time to hone his guitar skills. The guitar-driven new album serves up 11 tracks of soul/R&B/retro rock numbers, including the first plug "Because of You", the LaLa Hsu-duet "Self-Assumption", and the heartwarming, wedding-themed love song "Not So Easy" which boasts the backing of a 60-piece orchestra.

Bitrate: 320
Product Title: 15
Singer Name(s): Khalil Fong
Release Date: 2011-04-27
Language: Mandarin
Country of Origin: Taiwan
Publisher: Warner Music (TW)

Market Link: http://www.outie.net/forums/shop_item.php?iid=3480
Yesasia Link: YesAsia.com [affiliate]

Attachment:
Filename: khalil_fong-15-cover-480x465.jpg - Filesize: 61.33kb

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/mel5582/sig.gif
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member Send Points ($)
Nofrozic

Deleted: 2
Points ($): 180

[*] posted on 6-2-2011 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote

Most of the songs are actually good o_o in the album.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger Send Points ($)
Prj.P

Deleted: 5
Points ($): 8333

Mood: missing...

[*] posted on 6-2-2011 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote

not really........i think his last albums r better
lqdprnx

Points ($): 30

[*] posted on 6-2-2011 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote

so disappointed... im a huge khalil fong fan too..
lqdprnx

Points ($): 30

[*] posted on 6-2-2011 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote

Vk_
Posting Freak

Deleted: 28
Points ($): 676

[*] posted on 6-3-2011 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by lqdprnx

why u disappointed? cause its different and not like the same old shit you would hear with every hk artist ?! lol

this albums pretty awesome he does something musically different each time ! he actually takes creative control of his work unlike the majority of the artists in hk lol

disappointed? i'd be proud to have a artists thats not conforming to the lousy hk music culture ...

lets face it in hk theres not many musical artists that i would intro to my north american friends besides khalil fong and a few others
QQ
Audiophile

Deleted: 4
Points ($): 2985

[*] posted on 6-4-2011 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Vk_
Quote:
Originally posted by lqdprnx

why u disappointed? cause its different and not like the same old shit you would hear with every hk artist ?! lol

this albums pretty awesome he does something musically different each time ! he actually takes creative control of his work unlike the majority of the artists in hk lol

disappointed? i'd be proud to have a artists thats not conforming to the lousy hk music culture ...

lets face it in hk theres not many musical artists that i would intro to my north american friends besides khalil fong and a few others

i too am one of the bigger khalil fong fans and would have to say this album, u need some time to oil it in and enjoy it
i too had the initial impression he went out of the same ol R&B/Soul spectrum... however, as i listen to it over and over again in the car when i drive to work... there's a lot of appreciate

the first 3 songs which are very drum/guitar heavy, reminds me of those jimmy henrix and bb king kinda songs... which khalil is trying to go back to his roots which made him fall in love with the guitar (which is why the album is called 15 since thats the age which he was into his guitar)

in additional, many of his other songs are very interesting as well, he tries different genres while incorporating soul into in.. for mainstream audience, i think Orange Moon would be the one they prefer since it has many ballads and many songs which ppl can sing in KTVs....

however, R&B/Soul friends can still appreciate a few of the songs he has in store for us... simply go to track #8 (2 yun yau, continuation of 4 yun yau and 3 yun yau, and simply enjoy that guitar of his), track #9 (which has many aspect of a song from your local jazz bar, some d'angelo here and there)

ballad friends can still enjoy track 4 and track 11

overall, even tho this is considered a 'weaker album' in his discography, i would say this is a rather fresh approach which makes me appreciate khalil all over again... he entered the scene with a style HK has never heard before (even tho many of the ABCs and CBCs have heard before from US artists and some TW artists)... but this album is where khalil wants to show us he is more than just R&B/SOUL, he's more than that and he's still refining his skill....

i DO this his next album would be more mainstream oriented tho... just a feeling lol

so please, if you're a real khalil fan, take some time and appreciate this album... there's a reason why his 1st single would be 因為你... its b/c of US, his fans, that motivates him to continue to learn and show us what he learns...

Go To Top