Your Ad Here

dudeusuck91

Deleted: 2 [14%]
Rate: +
Points ($): 60

[*] posted on 10-7-2011 at 03:08 AM Reply With Quote
Buying BMW M3 Help

Hey Fellow Outiens,

Is not a good time to buy a BMW 335 IS or a Pre-owned M3?
I hear that there may be a model changing coming up soon?

Any experts out there please give some advice~

Thanks in Advanced

E
kooldude

Deleted: 3
Points ($): 1960

[*] posted on 10-7-2011 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote

dont be a tool by buying a BMW like every chinese mom in markham please.
dudeusuck91

Deleted: 2 [14%]

[*] posted on 10-7-2011 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote

its not just a BMW, its an M3.

Expert advice please, tool responses are unneccessary.
zako
N00b

Deleted: 0
Points ($): 20

[*] posted on 10-7-2011 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote

I assume you probably do not have a budget limit since your parents is probably paying for the car
i would say you should just go to a dealer and ask their professional tips.
People on outie is just as knowledgable as the search engine if you ask me.
But if you are not in a hurry for a new car i do think you should wait for a few months to be sure of any new models. (company does the decision so that can answer your new model question for sure)
wala3k

Points ($): 70

[*] posted on 10-7-2011 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote

Just go to the nearest BMW dealer or whichever makes you feel nice and ask to test drive. I just went car shopping and you won't know until you actually sit in it for a while, touch everything, and take it out on the road. Not just some stupid 5 minutes test drive; take it on small bumpy roads with turns and stops and the highway to fully fell the car.

I personally was quite disappointed by the BMW's interior compared to Audi or MB. It just felt cheap, empty and lacking in design.

If you like a good V8 engine, try the MB C63 coupe or sedan doesn't matter. Now that is a sound that'll put a smile on your face everyday. I test drove it, although the 2011 model (new one is much better), and it was so much fun. I am seriously thinking of buying that one now lol.

My neighbour has an older Audi RS4 (the one Jeremy Clarkson claims to be better than the M3) and we see quite a few cars around here that costs much much more but this car gets a lot of attention. You can also try the S3, quite a good car and the interior is friggin awesome (if you go for audi, get the Bang and Olufsen system, if you like music, you'll weep when you use it).

As a comparison, my dentist has a 911 and his daughter has a M3, he says that for half the price of his 911, the M3 comes to 80% of the fun and capability.
schen04

Deleted: 1
Points ($): 450

[*] posted on 10-7-2011 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by wala3k
Just go to the nearest BMW dealer or whichever makes you feel nice and ask to test drive. I just went car shopping and you won't know until you actually sit in it for a while, touch everything, and take it out on the road. Not just some stupid 5 minutes test drive; take it on small bumpy roads with turns and stops and the highway to fully fell the car.

I personally was quite disappointed by the BMW's interior compared to Audi or MB. It just felt cheap, empty and lacking in design.

If you like a good V8 engine, try the MB C63 coupe or sedan doesn't matter. Now that is a sound that'll put a smile on your face everyday. I test drove it, although the 2011 model (new one is much better), and it was so much fun. I am seriously thinking of buying that one now lol.

My neighbour has an older Audi RS4 (the one Jeremy Clarkson claims to be better than the M3) and we see quite a few cars around here that costs much much more but this car gets a lot of attention. You can also try the S3, quite a good car and the interior is friggin awesome (if you go for audi, get the Bang and Olufsen system, if you like music, you'll weep when you use it).

As a comparison, my dentist has a 911 and his daughter has a M3, he says that for half the price of his 911, the M3 comes to 80% of the fun and capability.

we have s3's in canada?

usually manufacturers remodel or face lift every 4 years. sometimes they may drag it on for an extra year. personally would go with a used rs4 or the isf. too many cocky ppl driving the m3's and c63's. just seems to me audi and lexus owners are much more mature than bmw and mercedes owners. not saying all of them are.
Dstng

Deleted: 4
Points ($): 1110

Mood: DePrEsSeD..

[*] posted on 10-8-2011 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote

I believe the new 3 series sedans are coming out early next year.. and my guess is that the coupes and M3s will come out a year or two after..

You might get a bargain if you don't mind the current model..

But my choice would be a used M5.. It would probably be the last V10 engine from BMW.. I did abit of research and there's a couple of low mileage ones in Toronto for $50k..
wala3k

Points ($): 70

[*] posted on 10-9-2011 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote

It's true that BMW and MB drivers get a bad rep and it is deserved here in Toronto as far as I have witness until now. I find it funny when those overly self-important luxury car drivers are put back into their place by super luxury cars (Lamorghini and Bentley) drivers when they show up over the weekend in my neighbourhood. Kinda cuts their inflated mojo really quickly.

But this is a post about buying an M3 (or not I guess). New M3 will have a rumoured triple turbo 6 (maybe even a sacrilegious V6) so if you want the V8, get it now. From my test drives between the germans, I really really didn't like the BMWs, even my girfriend whose family have been diehard BMW fans hated the simplistic cheap look and feel of the interior of the 3 series. You will be spending a lot of time inside of the car afterall. The new MB interior is worthy of the brand and takes an Audi approach to quality (I love the A4 class' interior).

Yes schen04, the S4 is available in canada and fully equipped will cost around 80k from what the dealer told me. It's an awesome car inside out with lots of practical room; I love overly capable sedans more than coupes, I guess I prefer understated.

I am still in love with the C63 and I am willing to bear the mark of the cock if it means I will be enjoying that wonderful NA V8, better than coffee on my way to anywhere.
freelance_azn_spirit

Deleted: 27
Points ($): 493

[*] posted on 10-10-2011 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote

get the pre-owned m3 trust me. a lot better.
ps is the 336 is a convertable?
bcheng81
HYPEROMGLOLWTFBBQ

Deleted: 11
Points ($): 1004

[*] posted on 10-11-2011 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote

Nothing will beat the nice econo feel of a Hyundai Accent 1997. :D

Check me out at Ile-Perrot Toyota!
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger Send Points ($)
schen04

Deleted: 1
Points ($): 450

[*] posted on 10-11-2011 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:

Yes schen04, the S4 is available in canada and fully equipped will cost around 80k from what the dealer told me. It's an awesome car inside out with lots of practical room; I love overly capable sedans more than coupes, I guess I prefer understated.

sry should have known you were referring to the s4 in your above post. thought u were talking about the beastly s3 that we dont have in north america.
s60r
luvukbai

Deleted: 3
Points ($): 455

Mood: pewpew

[*] posted on 10-13-2011 at 04:31 AM Reply With Quote

If you had a choice, it's quite obvious get the M3. BMWs and cars in its genre are ones you want to lease or buy and sell every few years. You drive for a short time and get a new one. Nobody cares about last generations 3 series (unless it's a classic) and maintaining it will be a bitch.

If you can't lease the new M3 or plan on keeping it for long, get the new 335 instead. It's still as quick as the E46 M3.

I myself prefer Audi's so I'm no real help here.

Or just go all out balls to the wall and get the new CTS-V. That will definitely get your blood pumping.

Stay or the bunny gets it
robbbaker
N00b

Points ($): 10

[*] posted on 10-19-2011 at 05:20 AM Reply With Quote

This is one of the easy way that call a local BMW dealership’s service department with the VIN and check the service history. Due to the age of the car, there will probably be a lapse but that isn’t a bad thing.

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Send Points ($)
karma_aus
N00b

[*] posted on 10-17-2012 at 06:44 AM Reply With Quote

If you ask me, I think the original E30 M3 is the best one. It's an iconic classic that'll never go out of style and it's a beautiful car to drive. If I had the money to buy a brand new M3, I'd spend it instead on a really clean classic E30 M3 and use the rest of the money to mod it into a track monster.
Digg! Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top