Byakuya
[Banned]

Deleted: 8
Rate: +
Points ($): 6476

Mood: Easy Breezy

[*] posted on 12-27-2011 at 03:27 AM Reply With Quote
Subaru-Toyota FT86/GT86/BRZ/FRS

It has many names..FT86, GT86, BRZ, FRS, whatever they want to call it.

Preorders have started this month for the new FT86, (Scion FRS and Subaru BRZ official names). Who has done the deed?

Toyota will be selling the car under the Scion name. Both the Subaru and Scion car will be mechanically identically at 200 HP (SAE) minus slightly different aero kits. Subaru will be getting better interior, wheels, and HID headlights from premium and limited edition while Scion is skipping all the extras.

Japan's FT86 will be 197 HP due to a crappier stock exhaust.

Subaru Engineering Promo

Promo

2013 Subaru BRZ

Scion FRS

Side by side comparison:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2998

Attachment:
Filename: brz1.jpg - Filesize: 324.22kb

Attachment:
Filename: brz8 (1).jpg - Filesize: 344.64kb

Attachment:
Filename: [625]3.jpg - Filesize: 243.12kb

Attachment:
Filename: trd7.jpg - Filesize: 70.24kb

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/1600/shoujomah2dy.jpg
atomicduelist

Deleted: 0
Points ($): 1707

Mood: I dont want, I need a GF!!! LoL

[*] posted on 12-27-2011 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote

Depending on the Price I'll probably get it.
if its ~25k then I'll probably get it..

;) The Man ;)
moop

Deleted: 4
Points ($): 615

[*] posted on 12-27-2011 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote

cool. now we'll have two super common riceboxes. civic SI and this.

oh and. it look like the hyundai genesis. especially the subaru one.
Vk_
Posting Freak

Deleted: 28
Points ($): 676

[*] posted on 12-27-2011 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote

hyundai genesis gonna have to step their game up once these car comes out
s3xy-romeo
feel like a kid

Deleted: 17
Points ($): 6856

Mood: Good?!

[*] posted on 12-27-2011 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote

I like it, but hopefully the reviews on these will be good.

Grapes V's for sale.. my ebay link.. contact me ..
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member s3xy-romeo's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Send Points ($)
Tarokun

Points ($): 160

[*] posted on 12-27-2011 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote

I say these should cost around 30k brand new top spec, around 200 hp with boxer, and 2 door sleek look. The interior looks pretty weak tho.
mrbenl

Deleted: 1
Points ($): 295

[*] posted on 12-27-2011 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote

top gear written review was good. weight distribution and handling are supposed to be incredible.

actually, i've been driving and tuning it in GT-5 recently since they launched the production version in the game as well; one of the best handling cars ever!
Byakuya
[Banned]

[*] posted on 12-27-2011 at 11:35 PM Reply With Quote

http://www.insideline.com/scion/fr-s/2013/2013-scion-fr-s-10-things-you-dont-know.html

1. It Feels Incredible
We drove the FR-S more than 50 miles on the 1.5-mile, 14-turn Sodegaura Forest Raceway outside Tokyo. The track was wet for about half those miles. As a result, we got a good feel for driving up to and beyond this car's limits. And the control that's available in that scenario is this car's most important property.

Its chassis will allow you to approach the limits as slowly or as quickly as you choose, informing you the entire time about when it's going to let go. Recovering from a slide is similarly easy and drama-free. And don't let anyone tell you there's not enough power available to do so. Power oversteer is readily available in 2nd-gear corners.

The FR-S's steering — although quite light — offers a granular precision not available since Mitsubishi's Evo IX disappeared. There's more information coming through this single Toyota steering wheel than is available in the rest of the Toyota lineup combined.

There are no problems to drive around either. The brakes were adequate on a small circuit like this, there's enough power from the flat-4 and the chassis is among the most effective ever labeled as a sports car. The whole package comes together to fill a gaping hole in the American market.

It's a cheap sports car that doesn't feel cheap. And that's something we've needed for a long time.

2. It Has a Torsen Limited-Slip Differential
Tada-san prefers the quicker reactions of a clutch-type limited-slip differential but settled on a Torsen gear-type differential because of its progressive engagement. There's also a brake differential built into the stability control system's operation which Tada-san says reacts faster than the Torsen anyway. But when stability control is fully disabled (by pressing and holding the traction control button for 3 seconds) the brake differential is gone as well.

And that's when the magic happens anyway, right?

3. There's Solid Evidence a Turbo Is Coming
Tada-san tells us the FR-S's Aisin-built six-speed manual has headroom to handle more torque, but he won't reveal how much. Still, his conspicuous laugh tells us there's enough to accommodate turbocharging.

The primary benchmark for the FR-S was the Porsche Cayman.

Also, for a car with a flat engine the FR-S's hood line is awfully high. Forward visibility isn't as good as we imagined it would be in a car with this layout. But this might be a worthwhile compromise.

A quick look under the hood reveals several inches between the top of the intake manifold and the underside of the hood — probably enough to package an intercooler. It looks to us like there's enough real estate for a WRX-style intercooler mount with the intake manifold feeding from the rear instead of from the front as it does in normally aspirated trim.

4. It Has an Ultra-Low Center of Gravity
Toyota's internal testing shows the FR-S to have a considerably lower center of gravity than Porsche's Cayman, Nissan's GT-R, Mitsubishi's Lancer Evolution and Subaru's STI. In fact, the FR-S's center of gravity is only about 0.6 inch higher than the Lexus LFA — impressive considering the FR-S is a mass-produced car bound by Toyota's design standards regulating ride height, tire/fender clearance and other factors. The LFA is not.

Little-known fact? The Porsche 911 GT3's center of gravity is between the LFA and FR-S.

5. It Uses Prius Tires
Yes, we didn't believe it either, but the FR-S uses the same 215/45-R17 Michelin Primacy rubber that's optional on the Prius. In our first drive of the Toyota 86 we reported that the tires were the same size as those from the Prius option package, but we didn't think it possible that the much-hyped Toyota sports car would use the exact rubber as found on the efficiency-focused Prius.

Well, it does.

Tada-san insists that the FR-S's rubber doesn't share just a name with the tires on the FR-S. Rather, it's actually the exact same tire utilizing the same construction and compound as the optional Prius rubber. The reason, he says, is that the car's light weight and low center of gravity don't demand a high-grip tire.

Modest grip, stunning balance. It's a formula that works better than expected. The FR-S's fun quotient exceeds the sum of its parts.

6. It Has a Low Drag Coefficient and Minimal Weight
With a 0.27 Cd the FR-S is not only slick, it's bound to be fairly efficient. We had our doubts until we drove it, but the cars we drove — prototypes, all of them — couldn't have weighed more than 2,800 pounds. Factor those figures in with a modern normally aspirated engine sporting a unique fuel system and there's bound to be a good EPA mileage rating in the FR-S's future.

Also, that engine will be rated at 200 hp in the U.S., Tada says. U.S. models will get a unique, less restrictive exhaust to bump them from 200 PS (197 SAE hp) to a full 200 SAE hp. It also adds a better exhaust note, says Tada.

7. A Convertible Isn't Likely
Tada-san didn't say it specifically, but it's clearly how he feels. He admits that a convertible version is possible, though. But because the car was designed as a hardtop from the beginning and it relies on its roof for both structure and handling ability, the idea of a convertible FR-S is a bad one.

"It would require plenty of additional engineering, more bracing and more weight," says Tada-san. Scion isn't asking for it, but here's our advice: Don't bother.

8. A Stripped-Down Model Is Likely
A bare-bones stripper model — one with steel wheels and no amenities — will be sold in Japan. For now, the U.S. FR-S won't be offered in this trim. But it's easy to imagine this happening down the road should the platform become as popular as it deserves to be.

We can't imagine a better spec-series racecar than the FR-S. It's relatively cheap, its power is supplied by an engine that's not overstressed or turbocharged and it's got a roof endowing it with real structure. Miata, eat your heart out.

9. It Had Serious Benchmarks
The primary benchmark for the FR-S was the Porsche Cayman. Other cars — including Honda's S2000 and the Peugeot RCZ — were used earlier in the process. But according to Tada-san it's the Cayman's combination of centralized mass, low center of gravity and linear control feel that he found most compelling and most wanted to emulate. And we see nothing wrong with a car that feels like a Cayman and costs half as much.

10. Its Suspension Setup Is Different From the Subaru BRZ
The FR-S has lower spring rates than Subaru's BRZ, but its dampers are stiffer. The change primarily represents the tuning strategies of each company and personal preferences of the development engineers. This and the styling differences are the only substantial changes between the cars.

Scion will, at a minimum, offer aftermarket lowering springs and stabilizer bars for the FR-S as well as several alloy wheel options.

schen04

Points ($): 450

[*] posted on 12-28-2011 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote

as much is i like the car. i just cant imagine how many more markham fobby drifter wanna be fags will be running around in these cars.
Byakuya
[Banned]

[*] posted on 12-28-2011 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by schen04
as much is i like the car. i just cant imagine how many more markham fobby drifter wanna be fags will be running around in these cars.

That's why some are actually buyin the Subaru version cuz it will cost more n hope it wards off the crow you described

s3xy-romeo
feel like a kid

[*] posted on 12-28-2011 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Byakuya
Quote:
Originally posted by schen04

That's why some are actually buyin the Subaru version cuz it will cost more n hope it wards off the crow you described

i agree that it might wards off most crows but it won't cost that much more and plus young fobby wanna be drift kids have money now a days.

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member s3xy-romeo's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Send Points ($)
schen04

Points ($): 450

[*] posted on 12-28-2011 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote

i dont think the slight difference in price will make any difference for the type of people that will end up buying the car. will honestly be something like 5% purchase for track use/daily, 45% purchase for looks, 50% will be wannabe drifters running around markham with stickers on their car and possibly doing some clutch kicking in parking lots making the image for actual enthusiasts even worst.
s3xy-romeo
feel like a kid

[*] posted on 12-28-2011 at 11:58 PM Reply With Quote

I mean i like the overall sportiness of it, but i don't know. something about the looks. I don't love it yet.

Advanced
Carpal Tunnel Imminent

Points ($): 3631

Mood: -_-''

[*] posted on 12-30-2011 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote

these cars will be the next rsx on the roads!

World Rally Blue
Byakuya
[Banned]

[*] posted on 1-5-2012 at 04:21 AM Reply With Quote

BRZ GT300 Version

nextgenballa

Points ($): 500

Mood: itchy to spend $$$

[*] posted on 3-22-2012 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote

when is this comin out??
PcReaperX23

Points ($): 981

Mood: Fishbowl

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote

They're on the road already. I've seen a couple already. Of course those are the special few that won the lottery to get a chance to buy them.

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/PcFish.png
Kenku
White Dragon

Points ($): 13025

Mood: OMG WTF

[*] posted on 12-17-2012 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote

Just in case you guys are interested...
The Rocket Bunny FR-S:

[LINK]

http://cdn.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/AY0F3191.jpg

http://cdn.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/AY0F3396.jpg

http://cdn.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/AY0F3487.jpg
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Send Points ($)
Digg! Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top