vt788
-SLEEPY-

Deleted: 3
Rate: +
Points ($): 8208

[*] posted on 3-23-2013 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Nexus 4 Phone

Hi all.

Does anyone have this phone ? and if so, what are the pros and cons for you?

Ty.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_16gb

Attachment:
Filename: unnamed.png - Filesize: 92.84kb

pr3ciouzboi

Deleted: 9
Points ($): 4596

[*] posted on 3-23-2013 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote

1. go to youtube
2. type in nexus phone review
3. click on desired result

or

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nexus+phone+review&oq=nexus+phone+review&gs_l=youtube-reduced.3..35i39j0i5l3.170 8.8586.0.9063.18.18.0.0.0.0.175.1031.16j2.18.0...0.0...1ac.1.ho9vBD6hWXg
Kenku
White Dragon

Deleted: 1
Points ($): 13025

Mood: OMG WTF

[*] posted on 3-23-2013 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote

http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/2/3589280/google-nexus-4-review

[edit] oh wow, the verge gave it an awesome score actually...
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Send Points ($)
vt788
-SLEEPY-

[*] posted on 3-23-2013 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by pr3ciouzboi
1. go to youtube

or

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nexus+phone+review&oq=nexus+phone+review&gs_l=youtube-reduced.3..35i39j0i5l3.170 8.8586.0.9063.18.18.0.0.0.0.175.1031.16j2.18.0...0.0...1ac.1.ho9vBD6hWXg

If you want to be technical about it. Re-read what I wrote.
cowar

Deleted: 13
Points ($): 211

[*] posted on 3-23-2013 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote

ive had this phone a little bit before christmas last year

so far ive noticed battery life isnt the best

i charge about once a day around 9pm. i start using phone about 11 pm and am using it maybe 2-4 hours within that time frame surfing, youtube, playing games

if ur not gonig to be a heavy user on ur phone then its perfectly fine (i dont consider myself a heavy user only medium)

if u r then wait for sg4 or if u cant wait get an sg3 or note 2
Hungdo
average asian guy

Points ($): 16104

[*] posted on 3-23-2013 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote

Common guys he asked if any of us owns it and give him our opinion about it, not to redirect him else where. I've had the phone since it came out so I'll give some pros and cons.
First of all, don't get the galaxy S3. The N4 beats it in everything except expandable memory. Heck it even has wireless charging out of the box which the S3 or S4 doesn't have. You would have to buy an extra back cover for it to work for them. If you don't mind spending extra cash get the S4 international version. The North American spec wise is similar to the N4 just a little better. It even has the same GPU.
Anyways here are the pros and cons
Pros
Fast CPU - it can handle any app out right now lag free
Fast GPU - the adreno 320 runs any game out right now lag free. S3 NA version runs on the adreno 225 and the S4 NA version runs on the 320 as well so yea...
Wireless charging out of the box. PM if you do decide to get one I know of a few good chargers.
Built quality - feels nice and solid much better than the S3
Updates for OS - all nexus device gets them first
IPS screen - fuck super AMOLED that shit looks over saturated. IPS shows colors that are more close to real life colors.
Price - you know it I don't have to tell you... It's cheap!!

Cons
Camera - the lens on this thing is garbage. My iPhone 4 with 5mps takes better pictures.
Glass back - I came from the iPhone 4 so I like it but it's not as durable as the glass on the front. I like to rock my phone naked because of that there are some scratches on the back of the phone but nothing in the front. No screen protector
Battery - talk time on it is great I clock in on average of 3 hours daily (because of work) and still have more than 60% left. But fucking eh if you do anything that requires the screen for a long period of time (even just reading no games) it drains quick. I don't know if that's how it's suppose to be for this size phone, wished I had a galaxy S3 to compare it to. I came from a 3.5" iPhone 4 and that thing was great on battery. Mind you the N4 is 4.7" so I did expect for it to drain faster but holy fuck I swear if I turn this thing on full brightness and play a game or something it would last me 1.5 hours, 2 max.

It's a great phone but in the end the choice is yours but for gods sake don't get the S3 it's like buying a chair with 3 legs at twice the price as a chair with 4 legs

The greatest things in life r asian :)
sex with my gf, cars, foods
pr3ciouzboi

Points ($): 4596

[*] posted on 3-23-2013 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by vt788
Quote:
Originally posted by pr3ciouzboi
1. go to youtube

or

If you want to be technical about it. Re-read what I wrote.

Yes, you can find the pros and cons within the clip. From your perspective, just consider us to be one of the youtube folks
vt788
-SLEEPY-

[*] posted on 3-23-2013 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote

So the story of the battery life is true. Dammit. I agree with you Hungdo, the price is too great to pass upon for the value that the phone has to offer. However it seems like the pros does kind of out weigh the cons if I am not a heavy user on the phone.

Guess I will need a backup battery at all times :P

Much appreciated for the constructive feedback.
ipanda
King of Iron Fist Tournament

Points ($): 6232

Mood: what??

[*] posted on 3-24-2013 at 04:48 AM Reply With Quote

Yeah battery life isn't great - I get 4~5 hours of active use. Don't think you can take the battery out unless you mess around with the phone a bit.

Camera quality isn't the greatest either but TBH I've barely any idea how to use it :scratch: its all icons and no words in the menu. Those little planet-lookin photos are cool though.

Pros: High quality build, fast and super cheap. And a major pro for me is there's no logo on the front screen.

I'd say research the S4 as well before you pull the trigger on the Nexus though.
ShogunGT
Posting Freak

Deleted: 5
Points ($): 7549

[*] posted on 3-24-2013 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote

it's an LG...what did you expect? battery life is going to be sub-par....people have always had complaints about the Optimus being terrible with battery life...so I don't see how the Optimus G or the new Nexus would be any different.

As an aside... after my mum and I both had our fair share of crap from owning an LG dumbphone....neither of us really wants an LG smartphone. They can't get a dumbphone right...what logical reasoning is there for getting a smartphone right?

Dee-Jay Ta-Koo...JU-Rop it!

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants." -
Sir Isaac Newton
"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never saw a machine gun." -
General Douglas MacArthur

http://prodegebanners.sitegrip.com/images/swagbucks-468x60Alt5.jpg
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member Send Points ($)
NewLife

Points ($): 430

[*] posted on 3-24-2013 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote

I've had the phone since the start too. I love everyting about it, especially how it comes unlocked and you can put any carriers sim in it. Also if you dial #*#*4636*#*3 that will bring up a menu that lets you turnb on the 4G LTE antenna.

Battery lie is great for me. I only charge every other day but then again, I do most of my surfing and email on the NExus 7.
IllusionX
Yaris Owner

Deleted: 0
Points ($): 11715

Mood: $_$

[*] posted on 3-25-2013 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote

some of my friends are having issues with it..

1 has camera issues, where it wouldn't take pics lol
others just have low battery life.

Toyota Yaris Sedan w/ Aero Package
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member IllusionX's Aim IllusionX's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger IllusionX's Yahoo Send Points ($)
PcReaperX23

Deleted: 0
Points ($): 981

Mood: Fishbowl

[*] posted on 3-27-2013 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote

It's a Nexus phone, I would only get it for development and messing around.

Using a combo AOKP/CM10/PA Rom (Just so I can use PIE with CM features, youtube Paranoid Android) and Franco Kernel

I get about 6-7 hours on screen time, charge every 2.5 days. Playing games (Temple Run 2, Need For Speed MW mostly) and Reddit.

Pros are however way you use it. If you're on T-Mo it's pretty awesome because you can use LTE and it'll fall back to HSPA+ if it can't connect as opposed to regular 3G on the other carriers. (DC/Baltimore I get around 30 Mbps on T-Mo LTE. On XDA I see other areas are getting 50-60 Mbps)

Cons: Doesn't officially support LTE. (Google didn't pay up for the license or something) If you update to 4.2.2 it takes away LTE possibility, even though the phone only supports one band of LTE. If you're on 4.2.2 CM10 you can downgrade the radio to get LTE back, but as far as I can tell it's only CM based roms.

The speaker can get distortion at times. Though I'm using a Beats loud audio mod. Music and videos work great but anything else IE calls and Bluetooth audio suffer.

Google customer service on the play store sucks, and they have crappy support for its accessories (The bumper has been sold out 3 times now)

Also, LG saved all the good stuff for it's Optimus G. (Larger capacity, better camera etc)

Otherwise, I love the phone. Got it for myself as a bday present in January. Love the reflective glass back. Using the Ringke Hybrid Fusion case with the clear back so you can still show it off. Isn't exactly perfect out of the box, but I know how to use it.
IMO I wanted this over GS3 because I hate that plastic look and I could do without Touchwiz. And the button feels so tacky. I'm looking to get the HTC One I a couple months.

EDIT: Oh, one thing about Nexus phones, you're almost guaranteed the next generation update, since Google handles that stuff instead of the carrier and Nexus devices are pure stock Android. Unless the hardware wouldn't be able to handle it.

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/PcFish.png
TheEd

Deleted: 5
Points ($): 19057

Mood: -____-

[*] posted on 3-27-2013 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by cowar

i charge about once a day around 9pm. i start using phone about 11 pm and am using it maybe 2-4 hours within that time frame surfing, youtube, playing games

if ur not gonig to be a heavy user on ur phone then its perfectly fine (i dont consider myself a heavy user only medium)

Root your phone and install francokernel

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2002782

you can get days out of your phone
Hungdo
average asian guy

Points ($): 16104

[*] posted on 4-10-2013 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by TheEd
Quote:
Originally posted by cowar

Root your phone and install francokernel

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2002782

you can get days out of your phone

Thanks for the tip. I've always seen his name float around in XDA but never really look into his kernel. It improved quite a bit

The greatest things in life r asian :)
sex with my gf, cars, foods
Digg! Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top